How we work...
a bathroom installation Case Study
This rather dated bathroom pictured below was in desperate need of renovating, so we worked closely with our customer who was keen to make better use of the space whilst retaining the traditional style of their period home.
See the team in action and view the process in pictures here...
The stunning AFTER effect featured below was achieved by completely re-designing the room to create a wet room system with the added luxury and warmth of undertile heating. Careful product selection allowed our customer to make a statement with the feature wall and wood effect floor to really enhance the period look, whilst benefitting from all the practicalities of a contemporary new bathroom.
Relax in the knowledge that everything will be Project Managed by Kevin Cordell, who is always on hand to ensure everything runs smoothly and to plan, right from the survey through to completion.
Kevin will work closely with you to produce an appropriate design and select quality products and tiles from our approved suppliers. You don't even need to worry about arranging delivery of equipment or disposal of rubbish, as this will all be organised in advance for you.
- Strip out: Kevin and the team started by stripping out the old bathroom and preparing for the new. Without good preparation and organisation, the end result would be less than satisfactory. A skip is used to dispose of the rubbish.
- Plumbing & Carpentry: Alterations were required to the existing plumbing system to accommodate the relocation of the new sanitaryware, thermostatic shower and bath overflow filler. A recessed area was created for the new bath position.
- Electrics: Electrical work was necessary here to supply the LED lighting, lighted mirror and connections for the undertile heating system. All electrical work is carried out and tested by qualified electricians in line with regulatory standards, and the necessary documentation and Test Certificates are issued to the customer.
- Undertile Heating: Our customer wanted to feel the warmth and added benefit of undertile heating. Undertile heating systems should be installed by a specialist engineer to ensure the process is implementated seamlessly.
- Plastering: For this bathroom, the walls and ceiling needed replastering in order to provide smooth surfaces and a sound base for the tiles. Our plasterers are very professional and tidy.
- Fittings & Wet room: The new fittings and sanitaryware including wc, fitted furniture with wall hung basin, and wet room system were installed. Wet rooms are a job for the professionals and if not done properly, leaking water can cause a lot of damage. The room needed to be tanked (waterproofed) and tiled from floor to ceiling.
- Tiling: Tiling is the finishing touch that totally transforms the space into the bathroom of your dreams. In this case 60 x 30cm ceramic tiles were used on the walls to great effect and included a feature wall. Wood plank effect porcelain tiles were used on the floor. Tiling is always carried out by a tiling specialist to achieve the perfect result.
- Decoration: Here the bathroom was fully tiled, so the only decoration required was to the ceiling. This was carried out by our dedicated Painter & Decorator to his usual high standard.
- Project Management: The whole process was Project Managed by Kevin Cordell.